Italian businesswoman and influencer Chiara Ferragni has once again assured her “total innocence” regarding the complaint of aggravated fraud filed by the Milan Public Prosecutor's Office.
In an interview with the TV program “Pomeriggio Cinque”, she also said that she “did not expect” the MP’s action, since she had reached an agreement at the end of 2024 to compensate people who felt harmed by her charity campaigns.
“But it’s OK, I’m 100% sure I’m innocent and I’m going to prove it. I have no doubts,” Ferragni said, adding that she had already spent around 3 to 4 million euros (R$18 to 24 million) on “fines and donations” in the wake of the scandal.
According to her, the hearing that could make her a defendant is scheduled for September 23. “The only thing left is to wait, what can I do? I did everything I could to try to prove my innocence and I will prove it even more.
I am determined to prove it, in every way possible,” she stressed.
Ferragni is accused of fraud in charity campaigns involving a pandoro (a typical Italian Christmas sweet) and an Easter egg between 2021 and 2023. Produced by the brands Balocco and Dolci Preziosi, respectively, the sweets exploited the influencer's image and promised to pass on the proceeds to a children's hospital in Turin and an NGO focused on minors with disabilities.
However, it was discovered that the donations were made before the campaigns even began and for much lower amounts than those raised later. According to the Public Prosecutor's Office, Ferragni "unfairly" made a profit of 2,2 million euros (R$13,2 million), in addition to a benefit "in return for image". (HANDLE)
FOLLOW ITALIANISM







































